Wednesday 28 February 2018

The International Space Station.






( Me at my place )

I am coming out and proudly declaring the following:

1. I am an Aussie white bloke of European descent.
2. I am heterosexual.
3. Although not religious I tend to believe in the so-called Christian values and
beliefs.

Subject " The International Space Station " 19/2/2018.

G/day people wherever you are I hope you are enjoying life to the best of your
ability and circumstances ? which may sound/read somewhat hollow to the
millions effected by war and destruction in the middle east,Yemen and the school
massacres in the USA.

With the exception of the sudden death of my oldest,a successful and respected
medical Doctor,son some ten years ago I have lived,and living,a life that not only
millions but maybe billions of people could only wish for,and therefore at 77
approaching 78 years old and to live currently in one of the most dynamic and
beautiful places such as the Tamworth Region/NSW New England area and not
just in Aussie but,having travelled/lived in many countries and continents,in the world,
therefore I believe it is not only a privilege but currently the " Icing on the cake " as
the saying goes.

However no matter where I have lived/visited in the world/Aussie there are nearly
always negatives of various categories,and as I have discovered over the many
years the Tamworth Region,New England,Northern NSW and Southern Queensland
are subject to near drought conditions,35-40 degree heat made worse by very
strong 25/30 kilometre West/North West winds as we have suffered currently,
where the grasses/country side,garden lawns turn into a dusty dried brown colour
giving the impression of a sandy desert ??.

That said I have to announce that as I type this the drought conditions seems to
have broken ?? and with all the other sounds turned off,TV/Radio etc; I can hear
the romantic rhythmic drum of very welcome steady rain on my roof, which would
be even far more pleasant if that bloody noisy cricket outside would find himself
a girl friend for the night and shut up!! Ah he has stopped ? must have heard me
or is otherwise heavily engaged in some extra curriculum activity? hopefully lucky
girl.

Hearing the rain is very comforting because it shows me that Mother Nature,even
as she ages,hasn't forgotten that although we thank her for our generally beautiful
blue sky low humidity climate we do require a substantial drink occasionally.



An Aussie New England Starlit night.

However as the saying goes " Every Cloud has a Silver Lining " or in our case no
cloud at all,where the drought with it's cloudless pollution free skies allows us to
view the magnificent and awe-inspiring/stunning Mother Natures night time sparkling
diamonds in the black night time sky,where without any artificial street/domestic
lighting the night is so black it is impossible to see your hand in front of you! and
as a consequence I have to ensure that my glass of Guinness on the table beside
me is so strategically place I know where to find it in the dark without having to turn
my torch on.



The international space station.

Some nights ago at about 8.30 - 9 pm I was sitting under this magnificent arena
of stars,something I never get fed up with and if I am able,especially if I cover my
exposed areas with pure good old Bosisto's Eucalyptus Oil to stave off the mozzies,
who I might add have had their numbers reduced as a result of the drought,to stay
for hours where I watched again in some what of an awe as the International Space
Station flew across the black nights sky from say east to west at great speed with
it's glistening ? solar panels.

I believe that even for a fairly well travelled,well informed bloke like me to sit there
in total darkness,sipping my Guinness and watching a space craft flying over me
at I believe some altitude of between 330 - 435 kilometres above me,at speeds of
some 27,600 kmph and for every 24 hours after orbiting the Earth every 90 minutes
completes it some 16 times,and has a team of humans on board doing various
activities and trying to live normal as possible lives is a bit hard for me to get my
77 plus mind around? even when you consider the changes/experiences I have
witnessed in my (7) decades plus (7) years since 1940??.

Looking up at this magnificent night time spectacle shows,confirms to me,what a
pompous bunch of Western civilisation bastards we are,I mention Western because
the non-Western societies/cultures around the world seem to have a better,more
subdued attitude and understanding of life's purpose,where we believe we are so
important,special,unique,where in actual fact our presence in this magnificent
universe is something so small that our greatest mathematicians could not calculate
our worth and/or our worth while impact considering the magnitude of the
task,and where the multitude of universes keep evolving where we in comparison
end as just dust in the majority of cases in less than a 100 years,and maybe a
book/records showing we existed yet lost in the library of time amongst millions of
other books/records,and all that we build/produce starts to deteriorate from that
moment on as everything has a very limited "Used by date"/"Shelf life"

Where in comparison to the universal time immemorial it is has been of very little
significance,nor will it be in the future,regardless of the " Earth shattering " effect
we humans egoistically believe we have,or have had on the evolution of time.

However people even my sitting in awe watching the "Real World" of Mother
Natures magnificent starlit night and the modern spectacle of the International Space
Station has a " Used by date " attached to it and I am somewhat compelled to retire
to my dwelling and on turning on my TV I am brought back to the,Phony,Sham,
False,Fraudulent world of Aussie politics,where the Aussie pollies,in most cases,
take the hard earned Aussie Tax Payers scarce funds under false pretences when
they practice their deception,duplicity and skullduggery in purporting to represent
their millions of constituents,when in actual fact they in the majority of cases
represent themselves first,their party,if they belong to one,second,and ensuring
they get elected at the next election in order to continue to be employed and
protect that world standard,by any measure!!,Aussie fully funded Tax Payer
pollie retirement payout third.

Us??? well after we take into account their mates,and possible influences in
regard to their "Life after politics" ? they all seem to land themselves plum jobs
in some charity or some corporation or other, then ? what do you reckon??.




Barnaby Joyce the Ex Deputy PM and Leader of the National Party now a back bencher,
but still the most recognised and influential rural pollie Aussie has currently, and a great
loss to the Federal Ministry,Cabinet and the Coalition front bench,as a result of being
politically shafted in the back by our Prime Minister the magnificent,bumbling,politically
naive,lacking any political nous Malcolm Turnbull.

Malcolm Turnbull PM and some of his upmarket mates.


So what do you reckon people was Barnaby Joyce:

1. A threat to national security in anyway?
2. A threat to Aussies financial stability and future wellbeing?
3. Flagrantly abused his political influence/power that may seriously effect the
    Aussie nation as a whole for personal financial/or otherwise gain.

or all of the above??

The answer ofcourse is no absolutely not!!!

Yet when you/we consider the massive problems Aussie has in every which way
from the ' Cradle to the grave ' and where over say the last (3) weeks at obvious
considerable cost of easily 100's of 1000's of scarce Tax Payer dollars of equally
scarce parliamentary time has been totally wasted because Barnaby has left
his wife and " Adult kids ",had an affair with one of his female,I have to mention
" Female " because there are so many bi-sexual/homosexual limp wrister's
in Federal Parliament you can never tell these days!! parliamentary assistants
where she is now pregnant to him and I gather they are now living together as
a couple?

WELL,WELL,WELL what a national disaster how will Aussie ever recover from
this divesting and horrific situation???

But wait there is more!! the pollies are going to waste even more 10's of 1000's
of hard earned scarce Tax Payer dollars, so parliament can investigate if Barnaby
used Tax Payers funds in regard to say travel expenses for him and now his
pregnant partner ? and was the transfer of this said partner,notice I do not
mention the ladies name I believe in farness to her,to another government
department legitimate and above board??

People if we did not see the antics of these political bastards on a regular bases,
where for no other reason they spend our taxes on no more than political point
scoring,and where these devious bastards have been across the board up to
this sort of skullduggery for political decades ? if not forever!! then ofcourse we
should not be surprised just how far these majority of low life's can go.

Now people I could go on as I have gathered a lot more information,however I
am getting to the point of my 77 years ? thinking why bother as the majority of
Aussies at election after election keep voting the same majority of these
next-to-useless bunch of amateur,self interested pollies back into parliament
each time!! so I am thinking I will just grab myself another Guinness and go and
sit outside in the real world and see if I can see that International Space Station
fly over again.

However as a passing shot I believe the Pickering,in his usual fashion,cartoon
depicted below sums up the Barnaby debacle in parliament perfectly!! but
ofcourse only depicts the heterosexual goings on in Federal parliament and omits
the debauchery in regard to the gay/lesbian/bi-sexual activities??




Sir Mike Howe - but you can call me Mike.